As a community health service, we are committed to helping all members of our community, particularly those who are most vulnerable.
We want to provide you with an update on how we are responding to COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19
First of all, let’s reconfirm the symptoms of COVID-19. They can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly.
People with COVID-19 may experience:
- shortness of breath
- flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
If you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Call the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398. They will provide you with further instructions.
- Do not attend a GP clinic without calling and making an appointment first.
- When you make an appointment, you must let us know if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. We can help you, but only if we know when you are coming.
Face masks, hand hygiene and social distancing
When you visit one of our sites, please:
- Wear a face mask. This is both a condition of entry, and the law
- Maintain at least 1.5 metres between yourself and other clients and staff
- On arrival and departure, use the hand sanitiser provided
Group-based activities cancelled
We have cancelled in-person group-based and community outreach activities until further notice.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- Activities for carers
- Planned Activity Group sessions
- Exercise groups
- Chronic disease support groups
Many groups have alternative arrangements in place, which your usual contact person will let you know about. If you’re unsure whether this impacts you, please give us a call.
If you have any questions or would like further information about how we are keeping you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, please call us on 1300 552 509.