Perinatal depression services are available to women from low income families.
Receive up to 12 sessions of psychological services from a specialist Perinatal Depression clinician.
Who might need these services?
- Women with a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis or perinatal depression
- Women who will benefit from short-term focused psychological strategies
- Women from a low income family (not necessarily a health concession card holder)
- Women residing in, or having a regular GP in, the local government area of Monash or in Ashburton and surrounds
- Women who have not accessed psychological services through Medicare’s Better Access program in the current calendar year
- Women not exhibiting any suicidal ideation or intent plans, means and/or risk to others
Who can I see for a referral?
The following health professionals can refer into the program:
- Maternal/child health nurses
Maternal/child health nurses and midwives are regarded as “provisional referrers”, therefore clients will need to be linked into a GP for mental health plan by the third session of psychological services.
For more information contact 1300 552 509
See our counsellors at
Link Health and Community – Glen Waverley
2 Euneva Avenue, Glen Waverley
Link Health and Community – Oakleigh
8-10 Johnson Street, Oakleigh
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday